Court (62-B District)

62-B District Court Traffic Division 

Welcome to the 62-B District Court Traffic Division. The traffic division is responsible for processing traffic citations, scheduling informal hearings over traffic citations, and collecting payments from the traffic citations.

Please contact our Traffic Clerk at 616.455.2365 with any questions.

Looking for information on making online payments? Click here.

Note: For points on your license or other inquiries to points, please contact the Michigan Secretary of State.

Paying tickets or fines

All fines and costs are due in full at the time of sentencing. You can pay with cash, money orders, cashier checks, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.

Payment Options

If you cannot pay in full, you may set up a payment plan, including ACH. You may contact the Collections Clerk at 616.455.2365 or 616.554.0811 to make arrangements.

If you do not comply with the plan, the court will prepare a bench warrant for your arrest. If there is a change in your financial circumstances, you must contact the Collections Clerk to ask for a change of the payment plans and provide proof of the changes. Due to high call volumes, messages may take several days to return.

Payments must be received on or before the due date each month until paid in full.

In Person

The court is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. You can also use the 24-hour drop box by the Kentwood Justice Center front door. Please use an envelope with a check or money order made payable to 62-B District Court. Please do not put cash in the drop box. 

Making a payment online

Click here to pay online with a credit or debit card. Before using online payments, please view our Online Payment Policy


You can make a payment on the phone by calling 616.698.9310 and selecting Option 2. 
We accept in-state checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Credit or Debit Cards. This is available 24 hours a day year round. The card must be in the caller’s name. Payments will be posted within one to two business days.  


Cashiers check or money order payments made payable to 62-B District Court mail to:

62-B District Court
4740 Walma Ave. SE
Kentwood, MI 49512

Please clearly print your name and date of birth and case number on all checks and money orders for proper processing. Personal checks will only be accepted on cases that are not late and must be drawn from a Michigan bank account. No out-of-state checks will be accepted. The court does not accept starter checks. 
*You should never mail cash

If you do not pay your fines and costs according to your payment schedule, you may have your driver's license suspended or a bench warrant issued for your arrest.

How to file a pleading

To file a pleading, please complete this online form and upload your filing as a Word Document or PDF. Your pleading must be electronically signed with an electronic encryption program that ensures authenticity. If not signed appropriately, the filing will not be accepted.