Soil Erosion & Storm Water


Soil Erosion and Storm Water 

The City of Kentwood requires a Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control permit when you are disturbing the natural vegetation on a piece of land if you are adjacent to a public street, within 500 feet of the water of the State, or larger than one acre in size.

How to Report Water Pollution

All pollution reports are investigated. Many reports cannot be confirmed due to the intermittent nature of many discharges or for other reasons.

If you observed pollution in our local waterways recently, we’d like to hear from you. Pollution can be any type of trash or harmful chemicals that are dangerous to people and the environment. They can enter our waterways through the storm drain system. Dumping anything in the gutter of the street or into a storm drain is illegal and violators can be fined.

Please remember that all reports are investigated. If a report is submitted anonymously inspectors cannot contact the submitter for more information. If you would like to remain anonymous, it is highly recommended that you include photographs of the problem with your anonymous report.

Fill out this form to submit online. If you have questions, please contact the City Storm Water Coordinator at or call 616.554.0737 during normal business hours. After 5 p.m. you can call 616.554.0751