The Kentwood Fire Prevention Bureau consists of the fire marshal and two fire inspectors. They are assisted by three captains and six lieutenants and other members of the Fire Suppression Division. In addition to emergency responses, members of the Fire Prevention Bureau:
- Perform plan reviews of site plans, new construction, building additions and remodels, sprinkler and fire alarm systems and conduct code compliance inspections prior to issuance of certificates of occupancy.
- Conduct annual fire code and safety inspections of Kentwood businesses throughout the year.
- Investigate fire cause and origin.
- Prepare pre-incident plans for emergency response based on chemical hazards, type of occupancy, size of facility and other risks.
Smoke Alarm Installation Program
The Kentwood Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau is offering FREE smoke alarms to any Kentwood resident in need of this life-saving device!
To receive your smoke alarm, you must be a Kentwood resident.
- We will install two battery-operated smoke alarms.
- These can be in addition to AC smoke alarms, but is not a replacement.
- If you just need new batteries, we can install them for you.
Please contact Kentwood Fire Prevention at 616.656.5313 or via email to inquire.
Looking for additional information? Learn more about smoke and carbon monoxide alarms here.