Welcome to the Kentwood Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
citizen online police Reporting
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
*Otherwise please call the non-emergency number (616) 698-6580 and ask for an officer to respond to your location
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately, and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- There are no injuries.
- This incident occurred within the Kentwood City limits.
- There is no evidence to collect at the incident location and police follow up is not required.
- For traffic crashes, it occurred on private property.
If your incident meets the criteria above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. Upon completion of this report process, you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Using the Kentwood Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please click on "Choose Report Type" to begin): Theft, Vandalism, Threats, Harassment, Vandalism of Vehicle, Lost/Found Property, ID Theft, Private Property Traffic Crashes, and Suspicious Activity.
- If your incident is not listed above, please call the Kentwood Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 616-698-6580) to file your report. This includes assaults, roadway traffic crashes, etc.
Online Reporting FAQ
- Click on the button above that says 'choose report type'.
- On the next screen you will see a list of incident types, choose 'Identity Theft' and scroll down to start report.
- The next screen will ask you the type of report. If this is your first time filing out this report, please choose 'original'. If you have already spoken with an officer and have a case number, please choose the second option down, 'supplemental'. If you would like to add information to a previously submitted report, choose the third option for 'supplemental'.
- Next you will be asked if you are reporting this on behalf of yourself or someone else.
- Following this the report will ask you to fill in all pertinent information.