ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN LAW ENFORCEMENT? JOIN OUR TEAM!
Join the Kentwood Police Department, a team that provides police service to a diverse community of more than 54,000 residents, covering approximately 21 square miles. Kentwood is a growing, prosperous, and welcoming city with vibrant neighborhoods and flourishing businesses that make it a wonderful place to live and work.The City of Kentwood Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time Police Officer. We are looking for ambitious men and women with high moral integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Successful completion of two (2) years of college level coursework;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a United States citizen at the time of testing for the position;
- Must not have any felony convictions;
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license prior to hire date;
- Must have attended a police academy; and
- Be MCOLES certified or certifiable
- Starting pay as of July 1 2022 is $30.61 per hour ($63,671 annually).
- Top pay as of July 1 2022 (after four years) is $39.07 per hour ($81,236 annually).
- Paid at 1.5x or option to convert to compensatory time off
- Comprehensive health insurance:
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Vacation Time:
- 80 hrs after six months, 160 hrs annually, may carry over up to 348 hrs
- 12 paid holidays
- 401K with 15% total contribution (9% employer, 6% employee)
- Paid Sick Leave:
- 96 hours accrued annually
- Paid Parental Leave:
- Four (4) weeks paid leave following birth or adoption
- Additional two weeks for employees giving birth
- Continuing education and training
Crime Task Force
Auto Theft Team
Officer r. smith
phone: (616) 656-6685