Passport Information


Passport Information 
The City of Kentwood is an acceptance facility for US Passports. You do not need to be a resident of Kentwood to take advantage of our passport services.

The U.S. Department of State suspended passport processing in March 2020, and began limited processing of passports in June 2020.  Routine Service time is currently estimated at 10-12 weeks.  Expedited Service (additional fee) is estimated at 4-6 weeks.  Visit for more information, including direction on emergency passport processing.

The City of Kentwood is accepting passport applications by walk-in (no appointment necessary). Applications must be fully completed and you must have two checks for payment. Applications may be found at or can be picked up at City Hall.

Kentwood City Hall Passport processing hours:
Monday Tuesday Wednesday  Thursday  Friday 
 7:30 - 4:00  7:30 - 5:30  7:30 - 4:00  7:30 - 4:00  7:30 - noon

Please note that cash cannot be accepted for passports; payment is by check or money order.

Application Process
To apply for a passport book and/or card, you must appear in person and supply all of the following: 
  1. Application: Completed form  DS-11 (for first time passport or renewal of a 5 year/minor passport)
    Do not sign the form until present before the City Clerk staff
  2. Proof of Identity: Driver's License or other acceptable photo ID (for applicant 16 yrs+ or for parents of minor)
  3. Proof of Citizenship: Original certified US birth certificate with raised seal or naturalization document 
  4. Passport photo 
    Photo can be processed on-site for an additional charge 
  5. Payment: Payable to US Dept. of State & City of Kentwood 
    Check or money order only accepted. No cash, credit or debit cards can be accepted. 
All applicants must be present. If the applicant is younger than 16 years of age, both parents must be present along with child. If one parent cannot be present, they may provide a notarized statement of consent and a copy (front and back) of their drivers license. Visit US Department of State Statement of Consent for form. For an applicant aged 16-17, one parent should appear with the applicant.

If you are renewing a 10 year passport, please complete form DS-82, US Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals. If you are able to answer "yes" to all of the questions on the form, you will send the application and payment directly to the National Passport Processing Center according to the instructions on the form.

For complete information about the passport application process, visit the US Department of State Passport Information page (