62-B District Court Open With Limited Access
Aug. 24 update: The 62-B District Court has opened with limited access to the general public. For more information, click here. If you need assistance please contact the court at 616.698.9310 or 616.554.0715.
If making a payment you may pay:
- Online at: www.kentwood.us/city_services/city_departments/court_(62-b_district)/court_payments.php
- By calling 1.866.873.9056 or 616.698.9310 anytime
- By mail to 62-B District Court, 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
- Via the after hours drop box anytime. It is located outside the Justice Center to the right of the main doors at 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512.
If you are filing a civil matter:
- Forms are available on online or contact one of the telephone numbers above to request the appropriate form(s) to be forwarded to you https://courts.michigan.gov/administration/scao/forms/pages/search-for-a-form.aspx
- Mail in your filing with a check to 62-B District Court, 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
- For a list of filing fees, please go online here for the Civil Division or here for Landlord/Tenant.
Additionally, Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order No. 2020-6 expands authority for Judicial Officers to Conduct Proceedings Remotely:
On order of the Court, pursuant to 1963 Const, Art VL Sec 4, which provides for the Supreme Court's general superintending control over all state courts, the Court authorizes judicial officers to conduct proceedings remotely (whether physically present in the courtroom or elsewhere) using two-·way interactive videoconferencing technology or other remote participation tools under the following conditions:
- any such procedures must be consistent with a party's Constitutional rights;
- the procedure must enable confidential communication between a party and the party's counsel;
- access to the proceeding must be provided to the public either during the proceeding or immediately after via access to a video recording of the proceeding, unless the proceeding is closed or access would otherwise be limited by statute or rule;
- the procedure must enable the person conducting or administering the procedure to create a recording sufficient to enable a transcript to be produced subsequent to the activity.
This order is effective during the period of the State of Emergency declared by Governor Whitmer under Executive Order 2020-33 or as further ordered by the Comi. Michigan Supreme Court Lansing Michigan 4-7-2020.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. For all updates regarding City of Kentwood operations in response to COVID-19, go to: kentwood.us/COVID.