Food Assistance and Other Community Resources
Michigan 2-1-1 is an easy way to find help with child care, food, housing, paying bills and other needs. Residents may call 2-1-1, text their zip code to 8982111 or search online any time to get connected with resources in our community. Operators offer help in 180+ languages. Below is a listing of other resources that can help.Food Assistance: Many organizations have stepped up to offer food assistance during this time. Please click the links to each organization’s website below for the latest information on hours and instructions.
- Buist Community Center – 8306 Byron Center Ave. SW, Byron Center
- Byron Community Ministries – 8250 Byron Creek Drive, Byron Center
- Catholic Charities West Michigan’s God’s Kitchen – 303 S. Division Ave., Grand Rapids
- Family Network of Wyoming – 1029 44th St., Wyoming
- Fair Food Network's Double Up Food Bucks – Multiple locations
- Feeding America West Michigan – Multiple Locations
- Flat River Outreach Ministries - 11535 Fulton St. E, Lowell
- Fred Meijer Deliveries – Request a care package online
- Grand Rapids Community College – Juan R. Olivarez Student Plaza, Lyon Street
- Grand Rapids Public Schools – Multiple locations
- Green Apple Pantry – 4307 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids
- Heartside Gleaning Initiative – 1111 Godfrey Ave. SE, Suite 250, Grand Rapids
- Kent County Community Action – 121 Franklin St. SE, Suite 110, Grand Rapids
- Kent ISD District Food Plans – Multiple locations
- Kentwood Public Schools – Multiple locations + translated letters
- North End Community Ministry – 214 Spencer NE, Grand Rapids
- Northwest Food Pantry – 1224 Dave Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
- Meals on Wheels Western Michigan – Multiple locations
- North Kent Connect – 10075 Northland Drive NE, Rockford
- Other Way Ministries – 710 Fulton St. W, Grand Rapids
- South End Community Outreach Ministries – 1545 Buchanan Ave. SW, Grand Rapids
- United Church Outreach Ministry – 1311 Chicago Dr. SW, Wyoming
- YMCA & Kids' Food Basket – Multiple locations
Child Care Services: If you are parent or family member who is in the essential workforce and in need child care, you can go online to complete this form with your child care needs or call 2-1-1 for help.
Housing Assistance: If you need help paying housing bills or other essential services, call 2-1-1. Additionally, check with your mortgage companies as some are offering mortgage assistance and relief options to those impacted by COVID-19. These local organizations may also be able to help:
- Grand Rapids Urban League – 616.245.2207
- Home Repair Services - 616.241.2601
- Inner City Christian Federation – 616.336.9333
Business Resources: A list of resources and information for Michigan businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak can be found at www.michiganbusiness.org/covid19. As the administrator of the MEDC Small Business Relief Grant, The Right Place has shared grant criteria and application details on its website. To view the State of Michigan's guidance for businessness about Executive Order 2020-21, click here. Additional business and employee resources can be found at COVIDWM.org.
Do you have a suggestion of a service that should be added this page? Let us know what we may be missing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.