City of Kentwood 2022 Summer Concert Series Kicks Off in June
The City of Kentwood Summer Concert Series will return with free concerts at 7 p.m. on select Thursday nights beginning June 16.
This year’s series features an expanded lineup for a total of eight performances with local favorites including Brena and The Soul Syndicate as well as new bands like Out of Favor Boys and Par-llo Connection, along with other Michigan ensembles.
Each concert will feature food trucks with food and beverages available for purchase. Guests can also bring their own snacks and beer or wine to the shows.
The summer schedule is as follows:
- June 16 – The Max Lockwood Band: A mix of rock ‘n’ roll, folk and pop elements.
- June 23 – Out of Favor Boys: Southwest Michigan’s premier contemporary blues band.
- June 30 – The Soul Syndicate: Award-winning classical soul, R&B and funk group.
- July 14 – Par-llo Connection: R&B and funk group performing hits from the 80’s and top 40 tracks.
- July 21 – Cabildo: Alternative Latin rock with unique blend of cumbia, ska, folk and other genres.
- July 28 – Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra: One of Michigan’s premier jazz ensembles.
- Aug. 4 – The Moxie Strings: Rock-influenced, progressive spin on traditional Celtic and Americana classics and originals.
- Aug. 11 – Brena: Oldies, top 40 hits, classic rock, R&B, country, high-energy dance music and everything in between.
All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. and conclude around 8:30 p.m. on the lawn behind Kentwood City Hall, 4900 Breton Ave. SE. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair.
Community members are also encouraged to arrive early and explore the Kentwood Farmers Market, which takes place in the parking lot behind City Hall from 4:30-7:30 p.m. The market features a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, artisan crafts and other items for purchase. Learn more at KentwoodFarmersMarket.com.
“We’re excited to offer our popular Summer Concert Series and farmers market on the same evenings again this year,” said Val Romeo, Kentwood Parks and Recreation director. “Community members can gather for fresh foods and fresh tunes all summer long.”
Parking will be limited at both City Hall and the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE. Residents can find additional parking options at the Kentwood Justice Center, 4740 Walma SE; Kentwood Public Works, 5068 Breton SE; Kentwood Baptist Church, 2875 52nd St; and street parking in nearby neighborhoods.
For residents who prefer to enjoy the performances from home, concerts will be livestreamed by WKTV and recordings will be available after each concert.
More information is available at kentwood.us/SummerConcertSeries.