City of Kentwood Summer Concert Series Returns in June
The City of Kentwood Summer Concert Series will return with free concerts at 7 p.m. on select Thursday nights beginning June 24.
This year’s lineup features West Michigan favorites The Accidentals, Bootstrap Boys, Benzing Graves Collective and The Soul Syndicate and other Michigan bands. Each concert will feature food trucks, which will have food and beverages available for purchase. Guests may also bring their own food and beer or wine.
“We’re pleased to be able offer another fantastic lineup of bands for community members to enjoy live music outdoors,” said Val Romeo, Kentwood Parks and Recreation director. “We welcome concertgoers of all ages to celebrate summer in Kentwood with us on the lawn behind City Hall.”
The schedule is as follows:
- July 8 – The Bootstrap Boys: Harmony-rich country.
- July 15 – Benzing Graves Collective: Blend of old-school country and other genres.
- July 22 – Dalmatian Stone: Soul/funk-rock with elements of R&B and fusion.
- July 29 – David Gerald: Blues, R&B and rock.
- Aug. 5 – The Accidentals: Mix of indie rock, pop and orchestral arrangements.
- Aug. 19 – The Soul Syndicate: Award-winning classic soul, R&B and funk. (Rescheduled from June 24 due to weather.)
All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. and conclude around 8:30 p.m. on the lawn behind Kentwood City Hall, 4900 Breton Ave. SE. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair.
New this year, Kentwood will offer essential workers and their guests special VIP seating near the stage. Essential workers who are interested can RSVP online prior to each concert.
All are also invited to visit the Kentwood Farmers Market, which overlaps with the concert schedule. Starting June 3, the market will take place 4:30-7:30 p.m. each Thursday in front of the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE.
More information is available at kentwood.us/SummerConcertSeries.