The City of Kentwood’s Farmers Market has some exciting events planned throughout the rest of the summer, including the annual Charcuterie Challenge, Kids Day and more.
In addition to shopping for delicious fresh produce and local goods at the market, community members of all ages and interests can find something to enjoy during these special events. Kids Day, the Dog Days of Summer, the third annual Charcuterie Challenge and the End of Season Celebration are on deck for the remainder of the market season.
“Our special events make the market a little extra fun for everyone,” said Val Romeo, Kentwood Parks and Recreation director. “Whether you want to play with pups or show off your charcuterie skills, the Kentwood Farmers Market has an event for you.”
Upcoming August and September events at the market include:
- National Farmers Market Week celebration on Aug. 10 featuring a food demonstration and food samples as well as food trucks Around Baking Company, Falafel Truck and Kool Breeze.
- Kids Day on Aug. 17 featuring a meet and greet with John Ball Park Zoo as well as kids crafts and activities. There will be a bubble machine, face painting, food trucks Street Frites and Ohana Hawaiian-Ice and more.
- Dog Days of Summer on Aug. 24 featuring a variety of dog organizations like Captivated Canine, Paws with a Cause, Dippin’ Dogs and more, along with adoption opportunities through the Humane Society of West Michigan as well as food trucks Let’z Taco Bout It and Semifreddo.
- Charcuterie Challenge on Aug. 31 featuring a food assembly showdown using only Farmers Market ingredients and food trucks El Jalapeno and Dune Buggy. To enter the contest, fill out the online form at bit.ly/KentwoodCharcuterieChallenge.
- End of Season Celebration on Sept. 7 featuring food demos and samples as well as food trucks Patty Matters and Semifreddo.
The Farmers Market runs 4:30-7:30 p.m. each Thursday through Sept. 7 behind City Hall, 4900 Breton Ave. SE. It provides a variety of local goods for sale, including fresh produce, baked goods, crafts and more, and features 20+ local vendors and special activities throughout the season. The market accepts food assistance benefits, including SNAP, Double Up Food Bucks and Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH.
More information about the Kentwood Farmers Market, including links to become a vendor or volunteer, can be found at KentwoodFarmersMarket.com.